Sherrie Eldridge – Pro-Life Speaker, IN
Sherrie Eldridge believes that being adopted equates to a life of mysteries, just waiting to be discovered. A twice-reunited adoptee, Eldridge is a straight-shooting, transparent, and compassionate author, speaker, and trainer in the field of adoption. Her books are research-based, yet woven within are poignant messages pounded out on the anvil of her adoptee heart. This is what makes Eldridge unique! Because her books hit core needs, readers review her work with anger or thanks. She takes this in stride, knowing this is often the price of being a pioneer and that many critics return with thanks. One adoptive parent said she had a beautiful heart because she had the courage to tell him what his daughter might experience.
Her first book, Twenty Things Adoptive Parents Need to Succeed, is required reading by many adoption agencies and universities. She has also authored four other books and free adoption workbooks:
- Under His Wings (Spanish Edition)
- Beauty from Ashes (for adoption triad groups)
- 12 Steps for Adopted Teens
- 20 Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew
Those who read her books or listen to her speak can expect to:
- Receive tips on how and when to talk to adopted children about adoption
- Learn how to hear, understand, and speak the heart language of adoptees
- Find practical ways for developing church-based orphan ministries
- Discover the vital roles both birth and adoptive parents play in the adoptee’s life
- Be taught the secret of showing unconditional love to adoptees
In 2010, Eldridge received the Congressional Angel in Adoption Award from the Honorable Congressman Dan Burton of Indiana.
Sherrie has been married to Bob Eldridge for 47 years. Bob worked as Vice President of Human Resources for Dow Brands before retirement. Currently, he is a Certified Life Coach and a missionary with Christian Missionary Fellowship. They have 2 married daughters and six grandchildren.